Shelton, Conn. – Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems announces four new additions to its SNAPConnect® receptacle line: Tamper Resistant, Isolated Ground, LED Power Indicating, and Surge Suppressing duplex receptacles.
All receptacles are available with Standard or Decorator faces, 15A or 20A, and specification or hospital grade.
SNAPConnect devices maximize efficiency by installing up to five minutes faster than a conventional receptacle. SNAPConnect receptacles have a flush appearance, easy replacement, and shallow box depth.
SNAPConnect Tamper Resistant Receptacle
- Shuttered slider mechanism activates only when two plug blades are inserted into the receptacle at the same time, preventing contact with internal electrical components.
- Compliant with NEC 406.12 for residential dwellings and NEC 517-18(c) for pediatric care facilities.
- Installs flush with wallplate.
SNAPConnect Isolated Ground Receptacle
- Prevents interference from noise on the common ground by separating the ground path of connector and receptacle ground contact from mounting strap and wall plate screw threads.
- Ideal for locations where sensitive electronic equipment is used, such as school computer labs or retail settings.
SNAPConnect LED Power Indicating Receptacle
- Power indication works in conjunction with receptacle face color to identify emergency circuits in hospitals.
- Two green LEDs, which are clearly visible even if there’s a plug in one face, indicate power to the face of the receptacle in both low-light and bright conditions.
- Compliant with future NEC requirement that calls for all receptacles on emergency circuits to have illuminated power indication.
SNAPConnect Spikeshield Surge Suppression
- Provides point of use protection from power spikes and surges.
- SNAPConnect Tamper Resistant Surge receptacles are for use in elementary school classrooms and computer labs
SNAPConnect receptacles are ideal for schools, universities, residence halls, libraries, malls, hotels, computer labs, hospitals, and pediatric care facilities.